AMAZING DIY Lotion

I've been searching for a DIY lotion that didn't require me buying ingredients that I wouldn't normally have.  Of course I wanted it to include coconut oil!  It's the most amazing thing in the world.  It's good for you to eat, great for your skin, is all natural, and has many, many other uses.  I could probably go on for days about everything coconut oil is good for. 

I kept reading about this amazing hand lotion but it didn't include coconut oil so I immediately dismissed it.  Why I didn't think to just substitute coconut oil is beyond me.  Luckily I eventually thought of it.  Thank goodness too, because I couldn't find a recipe I liked.  Coconut oil is great all by itself for a moisturizer but I wanted something that was easier to spread and use.

So here's what I did.  I just took a bottle of baby lotion that I already had and mixed it up with coconut oil in my mixer!  So simple!!  I had a bottle of shea butter and cocoa butter baby lotion.  It comes in a yellow bottle and is great for dry skin.  I already had it because Letty has very dry skin and eczema so I was trying that out.  It worked okay but not as well as I would have liked so I quit using it and it was just lying around.  Of course I already had the coconut oil.  So all I had to do was mix them up till it turned into an icing like texture and put it in mason jars. 

I absolutely LOVE the lotion!!  It's great for my skin.  It doesn't leave me feeling really oily like just using the coconut oil does but moisturizes AMAZINGLY and leaves me feeling very soft (just ask my husband).  I feel like it's going to be great for my growing belly too.  I used it on Letty this morning and she didn't have dry skin halfway through the day like normal.  Hopefully it will help with the eczema too. 

You can use any baby lotion you have on hand or any one that you like the smell of.  I think next time I'm going to use the lavender baby lotion.  I think lavender and coconut would smell AMAZING! Oh!  Add Vitamin E to it too if you have it on hand or don't mind buying it.  I didn't have any so I didn't bother.  Vitamin E if GREAT for your skin.

If you love coconut oil, or it you're just getting into it, try this lotion.  You won't be disappointed.

 
Amazing DIY Lotion
  • 1 cup coconut oil
  • 16 oz baby lotion
  • Vitamin E (if you have it)
Take a whole 16oz bottle of baby lotion and 1 cup of coconut oil (not melted) and mix together in your mixer.  Add the Vitamin E if you are using it too.  Just mix together until it's the texture of icing.  That's it!  Just put in containers. 
If your coconut oil is melted then this won't work.  If your coconut oil has melted just put the container in the fridge to get it hard again.
 
Hope ya'll enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It

 
Mishaps of a Southern Momma Blog Design by Ipietoon