My Top 10 Uses for Hydrogen Peroxide!

I have a secret ya'll.  I know I shouldn't keep them but it has been so good to me.  Also, you can always find something else to use it for.  The applications are ENDLESS!!!  Ok, ok.  Here it is:
Hydrogen peroxide isn't just for cuts anymore!  I wanted to share some other uses for this miracle liquid.


  1. Listen up!  This magic stuff gets out blood stains!!  All you do is put the item in the sink and pour the peroxide over the stain.  Just let it sit for a couple minutes then fill the sink with HOT HOT water.  Let it sit for a while.  Just repeat till the stain comes out.  It usually comes out the first time but if it's an old stain it might take a couple of times.
  2. This AMAZING stuff will get out pretty much any stain.  All you do is mix up 1 tablespoon of Dawn dish soap, 2 tablespoons of hydrogen peroxide, and 1 - 2 tablespoons of baking soda.  Only make a small amount of this at a time because hydrogen peroxide can become less effective when exposed to light.  Just take a small brush (toothbrush) and scrub this mixture into the stain, let it sit, then wash as normal.  I would first try this in a small spot first so you know it's not going to discolor or change your clothes in some way.  I actually started using this wonderful stain remover after I saw it on Fabulessly Frugal.  Baby's make A LOT of stains and regular detergent and stain removal stuff just won't get it out.  Especially spit up!  I wish I had this recipe when Hailey was little.  It would have saved A LOT of her clothes.
  3. You can also use it as a regular cleaner.  Just put some in a spray bottle and spray everything down with it!  Just, whatever you do, DO NOT MIX WITH VINEGAR!!!!!  It will make Parecitic Acid and it is potentially corrosive and irritating.  You can clean with them seperatly on the same surface, just don't mix them in the same bottle.

  4. Ok, everyone has those nasty cookie pans that you can never get clean.  They always end up looking the same no matter how you clean them or how much you scrub.  Well, here is the solution!  Take the miracle cleaner (hydrogen peroxide)  and some baking soda and scrub your pan.  It will end up looking as clean as it was when you bought it.  
  5. It is also really good for ear infections or swimmers ear.  When I was little, my mom would soak a cotton ball in hydrogen peroxide and place it in my ear when it was hurting a little (I ALWAYS got ear infections).  You can also just pour a little bit in the ear.  It will fuzz up a lot then quit.  It really does help.
  6. You can use this to whiten your teeth too!  Just take a little bit of toothpaste, 1 teaspoon of baking soda, 1 teaspoon of hydrogen peroxide, and just a little bit of water.  Mix it all together and brush your teeth as normal.  Only use it once a week though until you reach your desired whiteness, then only do it once every month or two.  I haven't tried this one personally but I have talked to some people that have and they say it works GREAT!  I am definitely going to try it in the VERY near future.  I originally saw this idea on WikiHow.  
  7. The mircale cleaner (hydrogen peroxide) even works for a natural mouthwash.  Mix even amounts of the miracle cleaner and water and swish in your mouth for a minute.  It's as simple as that!  It kills bacteria and freshens breath.  I don't think I could do this though.  I REALLY don't like the smell of peroxide so I don't think I could put it in my mouth like that.  I am going to try the oil pulling with coconut oil though.  I'll let ya'll know how that goes.
  8. For everyone who paints their nails!  Use this to whiten your nails after you take the polish off.  Make sure you rinse after you do this though.
  9. Pour this on your cutting boards after using them too.  It will kill all that nasty bacteria that raw food leaves behind.
  10. Last, but not least, is using this miracle cleaner to clean cloudy glasses.  It always happens.  You clean your glassware in the dishwasher and it comes out cloudy looking.  You know they're clean but they just don't look it.  Clean them yourself with hydrogen peroxide and they will shine like new!

What are some of the ways ya'll use hydrogen peroxide in your home?  Or even outside?  I never thought about that.  I bet you could use it everywhere!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It

 
Mishaps of a Southern Momma Blog Design by Ipietoon