Fun Family Activities for Fall

I don't know about yall, but I love autumn!  It means football has started (hopefully the Saints will start doing better for me), and Halloween and Thanksgiving are around the corner.  This is my favorite time of year.  The family gets out in the yard and plays and rakes leaves.  It's wonderful!  We all have a great time just being together.  I believe just taking the time to be present with your kids (and even the husband) is about the best gift you could ever give your family.  They will probably never thank you for it, but I believe it makes for a great childhood. 

I can never seem to come up with a good idea for a game or activity for all of us while we're outside.  I absolutely hate the idea of jumping in a pile of leaves because I always think spiders are going to get on the kids.  We live in the woods ya'll, so they're everywhere!  So I thought I would think really hard and try to come up with something. 

  • Build a fire pit.  Everyone enjoys a good bonfire to roast marshmallows and hot dogs right?  It doesn't have to be anything fancy.  (If you're wanting to make it really nice, Pinterest has A LOT of great ideas.)  We actually made one last weekend with some extra cinder blocks we had around the house.  It's open on one side so we can rake leaves into it, that way we can clean the yard a little before the marshmallows.  DO NOT roast your food over burning leaves.  I promise you they won't taste good.
  • If you're not worried about bugs and spiders, then rake a big huge pile of leaves and let your kids get crazy!  I promise they will have a blast jumping and throwing them everywhere.  
  • I haven't tried this yet, but I'm thinking lawn bowling would be a fun idea.  We usually have a couple of 2-liter bottles around somewhere.  I'm thinking I could fill them up half way or a little less with water and place them at the bottom of one of our small hills and let them try to roll the soccer ball into them to knock them over.  I bet they would love it.  I would probably even get in on that game.



I hope this is a good start to ya'll fall fun!  It doesn't matter what you do, it just matters that you get out and have fun!  What does your family love to do in the fall time?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It

 
Mishaps of a Southern Momma Blog Design by Ipietoon